Who are we and what do we do with your personal data?
Porta Medicea S.r.l., hereinafter the Data Controller, protects the confidentiality of your personal data and provides it with the necessary protection from any event that may put it at risk of violation.
For this purpose, the Data Controller implements policies and practices regarding the collection and use of personal data and the exercise of your rights under applicable law. The Data Controller is responsible for updating the policies and practices adopted for the protection of personal data whenever necessary and in any case in the event of regulatory and organisational changes that may affect the processing of your personal data.
The Data Controller appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who you can contact if you have questions about adopted policies and practices. The contact details of the Data Protection Officer are as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
How does Porta Medicea S.r.l. collect and process your data?
The Data Controller collects and/or receives information about you, such as:
Your personal information will be processed for:
1) the management of the supply contract and the consequent obligations, regulatory or otherwise
Your personal data is processed in order to carry out the preliminary activities and the activities resulting from the management of the supply relationship and those instrumental and functional to its performance, as well as for the fulfilment of any other obligation arising from the contract.
The obligations to be fulfilled by the Data Controller under the contract and under specific regulations governing it are, among other things:
– the keeping of the accounts;
Your personal data is also collected from third parties such as, for example:
– legal representatives;
– other data controllers, e.g. legal entities or also the companies of the group to which the Data Controller belongs;
– lists kept by public or equivalent bodies or under the control of the public authority based on specific national and/or European regulations;
2) communication to third parties and recipients
Your personal data is processed under the contract and the legal and regulatory obligations resulting from it.
Your data will not be disclosed to third parties/recipients for their own purposes unless:
1. you authorise to do so.
Your data will be disclosed to third parties/recipients if:
1. it is necessary for the fulfilment of obligations under the contract and law regulations governing it;
2. the communication is made to auditing companies of the financial statements, quality assurance companies, transport companies and forwarding agents for aspects related to the shipment of goods and customs practices; banks for managing collections and payments; tax authorities and public bodies in fulfilment of regulatory obligations also deriving from the fact of belonging to the particular commodity sector; companies and law firms for the protection of contractual rights; data processing and IT service companies (e.g. web hosting, data entry, management and maintenance of IT infrastructures and services, etc.).
The Data Controller does not transfer your personal data abroad (non-EU countries). Your personal data may be disclosed through the Data Controller’s websites, where the lists of suppliers and consultants could be published in application of the Code of Conduct, transparency obligations and economic/social reporting obligations.
The communication and disclosure of your personal data are necessary to carry out for the performance of the activities and purposes pursued by the Data Controller during the the relationship established with you. If the processing takes place in compliance with legal obligations or to implement the obligations deriving from the contractual relationship or in the event of another hypothesis of exclusion, expressly provided for or dependent on the laws and regulations applied by the Data Controller (in particular application of the Code of Ethics and / or legitimate interest of the Data Controller), or even through third parties identified as data processors, the processing of your personal data does not require your consent.
What happens if you do not provide your data?
Your data, collected or otherwise obtained by the Data Controller, are considered necessary and failure to provide it will make it impossible for the Data Controller to carry out the activities relating to the main processing, i.e. to:
– the management of the supply contract;
– the obligations, legal or otherwise, resulting from the established relationship.
The intention of the Data Controller was to carry out certain processing operations in accordance with certain legitimate interests that do not affect your right to confidentiality, such as those that:
How and for how long is your data retained?
Data processing is carried out on paper or through IT procedures by internal subjects authorised and trained for this purpose. They are granted access to your personal data to the extent and within the limits required for carrying out the processing activities that concern you.
The Data Controller periodically checks the tools by means of which your data is processed and its security measures, which it constantly updates; it makes sure, also through the subjects authorised to process the data, that personal data for which processing is not necessary is not collected, processed, stored or retained; it makes sure that the data is retained with the guarantee of integrity and authenticity of its use for the purposes of the processing actually carried out.
The data are retained on paper, computer and electronic files located within the European Economic Area, and appropriate security measures are ensured.
The personal data processed by the Data Controller are retained for the time necessary for carrying out activities related to the management of the contract with the Data Controller and until ten years after its conclusion or from when the rights that depend on it can be enforced (pursuant to art. 2935 and art. 2947 of the Italian Civil Code); as well as for the fulfilment of the obligations (e.g. tax and accounting obligations) that remain even after the conclusion of the contract (art. 2220 of the Italian Civil Code), for the purposes of which the Data Controller must retain only the data necessary for their furtherance. The personal data concerning criminal convictions and/or crimes processed exclusively for the management of disputes and for specific regulatory obligations of the Data Controller are retained for a maximum of 3 years. This is without prejudice to the cases in which the rights deriving from the contract should be asserted in court, in which case your data, only that necessary for these purposes, will be processed for the time necessary to pursue them.
This is without prejudice to your right to oppose at any time the processing based on legitimate interest for reasons related to your particular situation.
What are your rights?
In substance, at any time and free of charge and without any special charges or formalities for your request, you can:
– obtain confirmation of the processing carried out by the Data Controller;
– access your personal data and know its origin (when the data is not obtained directly from you), the purposes of the processing, the data of the subjects to whom it is communicated, the period of retention of your data or the criteria used to determine it;
– update or rectify your personal data so that it is always accurate and correct;
– erase your personal data from the databases and/or files, including backup files, of the Data Controller, if, among other things, it is no longer necessary for the purposes of the processing or if this is deemed unlawful, and provided that the conditions laid down by law are met; and in any event if the processing is not justified by another equally legitimate reason;
– restrict the processing of your personal data in some circumstances, for example if you have contested its accuracy, for the period required for the Data Controller to check its accuracy.
You must also be informed, in reasonable time, of when the period of suspension has ended or the cause of the restriction of processing has ceased to exist, and therefore the restriction itself
– obtain your personal data, if received or processed by the Data Controller with your consent and/or if its processing is carried out on the basis of a contract and with automated tools, in electronic format also in order to transmit it to another data controller.
The Data Controller must do so without delay and, in any case, at the latest within one month of receipt of your request. The time limit can be extended by two months, if necessary, taking into account the complexity and the number of requests received by the Data Controller. In such cases, the Data Controller will have to inform you of the reasons for the extension within one month of receipt of your request.
For any further information and to send your request, please contact the Data Controller at the email address email@example.com.
How and when can you oppose the processing of your personal data?
For reasons relating to your specific situation, you may oppose at any time the processing of your personal data if this is based on legitimate interest, by sending your request to the Data Controller at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to have your personal data erased if there is no legitimate reason overriding the one that gave rise to your request.
Who can you complain to?
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial action, you may submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority or to the authority that carries out its tasks and exercises its powers where you have your habitual residence or work or, if different, in the Member State where the violation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 occurred.
Any update of this information will be communicated to you in a timely manner and by appropriate means and you will also be informed if the Data Controller will process your data for purposes other than those referred to in this information before carrying it out and in time to give your consent if necessary.